Grid Down Preps:
for Surviving Without Electricity
America's power grid is aging and Congress has known this for years. Reams of federal agency reports have been presented that confirm that if a man-made attack (cyber war, terrorists), a solar event, or weather, took down the electrical grid, thousands or even millions of Americans will die.
A long term grid collapse will precipitate all other disasters you can think of: starvation, freezing, lack of water, sanitation related illnesses, medical issues and lack of medicines, and civil unrest.
It doesn’t honestly matter HOW the grid goes down. And it is no longer a matter of IF the grid will go down; it is a matter of WHEN. Terrorists have already tried — more times than we have heard about.
But if you already have a preparedness mindset and are diligently preparing, you’ll fare better than the average person.
Ask yourself these questions to get you started on what you really need:
- How will you get food when the grocery stores are empty?
- If you have or find food, how will you cook it?
- How can you save the perishable food in your refrigerator and freezer?
- Winter cold or summer heat, how will you heat or cool your home?
- What will you use for light once your candles are gone and your flashlight batteries are exhausted?
- Will you have transportation if your vehicle no longer runs or the gas pumps no longer work?
- Can you store enough water to drink, cook, and wash if the public water facilities are no longer working or if the pump on your well runs on electricity?
- How will you dispose of waste, human and other?
Just consider how drastically your life will change if the grid is down for an extended time.
- Interruptions and/or shut downs of businesses.
- Basic infrastructure will stop, such as communications (TV, Internet, cell phones), mass transportation, supply chains (trucks and trains that supply all commerce).
- ATM machines will not operate.
- Schools, workplaces, government and other public facilities may close.
- Clean drinking water may be a big issue.
So let's get to the resources that will help you prepare.
Products You Will Need:
Comments About Grid Down Preps